Wednesday 24 March 2010

Slimbridge

Another image from Slimbridge. I haven't got a clue what this birds called so if anyone knows please let me know. I doubt ill post much more from Slimbridge because as I said in the last Slimbridge post the weather was crap. Will visit again in the summer!!!
First 4 images should appear on Alamy tomorrow and I have another 3 awaiting Quality Control
EDIT: Thanks to Andrew and Chris, bird below is a Ruddy Headed Goose.

Original Post at: www.ashleyh-photography.blogspot.com
©Images copyright of Ashley Hugo 2010©

7 comments:

  1. Nice shot, don't have a clue on the ID though! Will you be posting a link to your Alamy images?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruddy-headed Goose I think:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruddy-headed_Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it is banded and I don't have a clue what it is, but it is a beautiful and interesting bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, yes I'll post a link to alamy as soon as the first images appear. on there. And thanks Andrew, it looks like a Ruddy Headed Goose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley,
    I can confirm that this is a ruddy-headed goose... Do you know if it escaped from somewhere, it is not supposed to be in your area... I also notice that it had a ring, did you manage to read it! That might help to know its origin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was at Slimbridge WWT, they have a big wildfowl collection. Thanks, ill change it to Ruddy Headed Goose

    ReplyDelete