Friday 20 March 2009

St.Gothian

We arrived at St.Gothian today and began the search for the Ring Ouzel..... NO SIGN (as usual).
The Sand Martin's were flying around the Main pool but there were no Wheatear.
All pics taken with new Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L USM
St.Gothian
Sand Martin 14+, Herring Gull 40+, Pied Wagtail 2, Stonechat 1M, Mallard 3F 7M, Carrion Crow, Magpie 2, Shelduck 4, 2 Water Pipit
Will I see the Bittern at Stithians on the weekend?
1/4000 f/6.3 Tv ISO500 Daylight WB
1/2000 f/6.3 Tv ISO320 Daylight WB

1/2000 f/5.6 Tv ISO250 Daylight WB


1/3200 f/5.6 Tv ISO800 Daylight WB


1/4000 f/5.6 Tv ISO800 Daylight WB


1/800 f/5.6 Tv ISO800 Daylight WB +2 EV

7 comments:

  1. The Water Pipit is a nice picture and you were quick to photograph the Sand Martins they are very difficult birds to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Ashley... like the new header pic. I think I should go birding with you - I may learn something!
    Hope to see you at Stiths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog Ashley,look forward to seeing more excellent in flight shots.
    JR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley great pics The new 400mm is working well for you , great lens for walkabout I can vouch for it
    Monts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of photo's, I can see that you will get better and better.I have had a few disasters with my photography lately
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo Ashley. I think your Water Pipits are Rock Pipits though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Paul, you can blame Simon Taylor (Stiths warden) for the pipit mistake I wasnt sure so I asked him.
    Ash

    ReplyDelete