Saturday 31 October 2009

Pied Flycatcher at Church Cove

I had a great day birding today with 2 life and 3 County ticks. We started off the day at Church Cove looking for the Green/Greenish Warbler, which after about 4 hours of watching and waiting I had reasonable view of it in the canopy, Lifer and County tick. While at Church Cove I also managed to photograph the Pied Fly that was in the area, 2nd County tick.. pics below. Our next stop for the day was St.Leven for the Radde's Warbler, Great views of that and my 2nd life/3rd County ticks. Not the best images but I needed something to post.
EXIF: Canon 1D MKII, Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L USM, ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/640, Spot Metering.



6 comments:

  1. Sounds lke you had a great day. I didn't go down to church cove as I imagined it to be totally crowded out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't to bad when we were there but steve said there was A LOT of people around when he arrived.
    Thanks, you had a good day also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, incredible days you got with 2 lifers and 3 count ticks! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking bird,well done Ash.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good effort Ash, nice to see success for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete